These 7 Basic Motions are a Must Have!
I’ve been in the fitness industry for a very long time. Just when I think I’ve seen it all, there’s some foolish trainer attempting a “new exercise”. Not because it benefits the client or their goals, but because the exercise just looks cool and is trying to be the newest “breakthrough” in the fitness arena.
Under all the crazy exercises out there, there are 7 basic motions that, if used often, will give you the benefit of weight loss, a toned and over all healthy body that is functional in everyday living.
These motions are pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, pressing, rotation and locomotion.
When designing a fitness routine for yourself, each one of these movements, in some form, should be added.
- PUSHING. A Pushing motion could be as simple as pushups or as complex as a Stability Ball Dumbbell Chest Press.
- PULLING. Pulling motions can be Pull Ups or a Resistance Band Row.
- SQUATTING. Squatting could be performed with weight or just using your own body weight for resistance.
- BENDING. (aka Hinging) A Bending motion could be Straight Leg Deadlifts or an Anterior Reach.
- PRESSING. Pressing, not to be confused with pushing, is anything overhead. For example, a shoulder press.
- ROTATION. Rotation refers to the core. Adding any number of rotational core exercises will not only strengthen your midsection, but is great for spinal health as well.
- LOCOMOTION. Locomotion could be as simple as walking lunges or running, jumping or bouncing.
Each one of these 7 basic motions is fundamental to overall success in the physical parts of training. Learning how to use them and understanding the basics behind why they’re important is vital to achieving your fitness goals.
Understanding the concept of these basic motions is easy, but applying them can be difficult if you don’t have an overall goal or an understanding of how to get from where you are to where you want to be.
If this is the case, let me help you. You will have access to my complete system of training. This includes goal setting, nutrition guidelines, a customized fitness program and empowerment and visualization to maximize performance for training and recovery.
Register below to get an initial assessment and the first step to achieving your health and fitness goals in 2017!
Leave a Reply